Do you need Marine Cargo Insurance?
If you’re in the import-export business you know your finances and assets are often in containers. Do you ever stop to think, what if:
- The container/trailer is stolen?
- There is theft from within a container?
- The ship sinks or is destroyed by fire?
- The trailer is involved in an accident?
These kind of losses could add up to hundreds of thousands of euros!
Prepare and prevent, don’t repair and repent – Author unknown
We can provide you with a Marine Cargo Insurance Policy which will cover your imports and exports whilst being transported.
This policy covers the following
Loss of or damage to goods caused by perils arising during the normal course of transit by sea, land and/or air, including theft and pilferage
- From suppliers’ warehouse to your own warehouse or 60 days after discharge of goods from vessel whichever occurs first
- General average and salvage charges
- War and strikes risks
- Riots and civil commotions risks
- Insolvency of vessel owners covered
- Packing risks covered if goods packed by third parties
- Change of voyage held covered
- Open cover facility
- A wide range of extra covers can be given to suit clients’ needs
- Restricted cover can be arranged if client so wishes
There are no standard extensions to this policy. However, should you wish to clarify any concerns, please click here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.