Do you need Employers Liability Insurance?
Are you a business owner and employer? Then you are responsible for your employees’ health & safety at work.
Incidents are not limited to factories or building sites, they can happen in any office. While maintaining a safe working environment is priority, you can safeguard yourself and your business with an insurance policy that provides cover in respect of your legal liability towards your employees.
"Know safety, no injury. No safety, know injury" ~ Author Unknown
If you’re looking for a service that is second-to-none, contact us, we’re here to help.
This insurance policy provides cover in respect of your legal liability as an employer towards your employees and it covers
All sum/s which the insured shall become legally liable to pay for compensation in respect of
- Death or bodily Injury of an employee arising out of and in the course of his employment
- Claimants’ costs and expenses
- Costs and expenses incurred with the company’s written consent
Exclusions – This policy does not cover
- The Insured’s liability to employees of contractors to the Insured
- Any liability of the insured which attaches by virtue of an agreement but which would not have attached in the absence of such agreement
- Any sum which the insured would have been entitled to recover from any party but for an agreement between the insured and such party
- Any liability of the insured to pay compensation to an employee or to the legal representatives or dependents of an employee by virtue of any workmen’s compensation law
- War, radioactive contamination
Definition of ‘Employee’
- Any person under a contract of service or apprenticeship with the Insured
- Any of the following persons while working for the Insured in connection with the business:
a) any self-employed providing labour only
b) any self-employed who is borrowed by or hired to the Insured
- Employment & Industrial Regulation Act 2002 (Cap 452)
- Employees working outside the Geographical Area