Do you need Home Insurance?
We offer an outstanding and competitive home insurance product designed to safeguard what is probably your largest single financial investment, your home.
Home Insurance is NOT expensive, it is a minor fraction of the value that is being protected. Purely as an indication, with a rebuilding value of €70,000, your annual buildings insurance premium would cost under € 0.30 cents per day!
- Discounts if you hold another policy with us
- No excess on your Motor policy if you hold a Home contents policy
… Because not all surprises are pleasant!
FREE FIRE BLANKET or FIRST AID KIT
24/7 Emergency Repair Service
FREE ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE COVER
The policy provides cover for
- accidental loss or damage to the buildings and contents of your home;
- accidental loss or damage to personal belongings and valuables whilst anywhere in Malta;
- your liability to others;
- home assistance and emergency services.
The standard cover also includes
- temporary alternative accommodation following a loss;
- mechanical or electrical breakdown to air-conditioning and energy saving equipment;
- loss or damage to Christmas, wedding and graduation gifts;
- loss or damage to locks and keys;
- freezer contents;
- personal money including credit and debit cards;
- pedal cycles and sports equipment;
- legal expenses.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FOLLOWING DISCOUNTS
As a valued Bonnici Insurance / Mapfre Middlesea policyholder, you may take advantage of the following discounts
10% discount if you have a private / commercial motor policy with the company
- 10% discount on the Contents section of the policy if you have a maintained burglar alarm
- Between 10% to 17.5% Shareholders Discount (depending on the amount of shares you hold)
The most innovative part of our Home policy provides you with a 24/7 Emergency Repair Service to secure your home and prevent further loss or damage occurring following an emergency as a result of one of the following occurrences:
- sudden or unexpected breakdown or damage to piping, leaks from sanitary fixtures and fittings and fixed water installations within your home;
- complete failure of the electrical supply within your home as a result of a fault or damage to the internal electrical installation;
- your home being made insecure or if entry is impeded due to loss or theft of keys or damage to locks as a result of theft or any other accidental cause or in the event that a member of your household may have locked himself/herself in a room; or
- breakage of glazing to external windows or doors which render your home insecure.
The policy will cover the cost of the callout and labour that is necessary for the emergency repair up to a maximum of 2 hours labour and the amount of €200 for each incident and a maximum of 3 during any one period of insurance.
In the event of any of the above occurrences, policyholders may reach our 24/7 Call Centre on 2248 0204.
Hints and Tips
- Ensure that all ground and basement windows are fitted with locks and that they are used.
- Ensure your garage door is secure especially if there is an adjoining door to your house.
- Don’t leave keys in the lock and don’t use secret hiding places.
- Do keep a list of your valuable items with their serial numbers, a short description and photos of each and keep it updated regularly.
- Invest in a home security system, this is a very effective deterrent and you may well benefit from a reduction in your insurance premium.
- Don’t overload sockets. If too many appliances draw power from one socket it can start overheating.
- Don’t run wires under carpets or rugs. Replace any cord that is cracked or frayed. If an appliance smokes or has an unusual smell, unplug it and have it repaired by a professional.
- Turn off appliances when they are not in use, especially in stormy weather.
- Never store flammable liquids such as cleaning agents and paint supplies near heating units.
WHEN AT HOME
- When someone calls at your home always check who it is before opening the door. It may be worth considering a door chain and door viewer.
- Use a flashlight rather than a candle during power shortages.
- Never leave lit candles unattended and make sure they are in holders that won’t fall over. Keep them out of reach of children and pets.
- Never smoke in bed.
- Store matches and lighters well out of children’s reach.
- As most fires start in the kitchen, it may be worth investing in a fire extinguisher and fire blanket and having them available and nearby.
- Place emergency phone numbers on or near every phone in your home.
Emergency number for Ambulance, Fire, Police: 112
WHEN OUT OR ABROAD
- Don’t check-in using social media, don’t let your friends tag you and don’t share photos until you return!
- Make sure your doors, windows and garden gate are closed and locked and use outdoor lights around your home.
- Do not leave valuables in sight through windows for burglars to see.
- Leave your curtains slightly parted so your house does not have an empty look and use timers to turn lights, televisions and sound systems on and off.
- Never leave an answering machine message saying you are not home.
- Do not let mail, newspapers or flyers accumulate.
It is important that valuables are properly insured by ensuring that the respective sum insured reflects their current value.
In this regard we strongly recommend that one obtains professional valuations from time to time.
Bonnici Insurance is proud to recommend the following valuers and appraisers:
Obelisk Auctions are one of Malta’s leading auction houses. They offer a consultancy service on attributions, iconography, works of art, furniture, silver and antiquities. Obelisk Auctions also offer services which include valuations of antiques and fine arts for insurance purposes.
Click here for further details.