Do you need a Contractors 'All Risks' insurance policy?
This insurance policy can also be extended to cover the associated third party liability risks.
It also applies when refurbishing your property, if works involve construction like inclusion of new rooms or additional floors, then you need to be aware of your responsibility should there be damage or injury to third parties, both on-site and / or off the site. For example, pedestrians passing by, and / or cars parked in the vicinity.
Prepare and prevent, don’t repair and repent – Author unknown
A Contractors ‘All Risks’ policy is designed to cover you during any construction projects which you might undertake.
This Policy covers the physical loss or damage to
- Materials used in construction
- Works or temporary works used in construction contacts
- Plant, tools and equipment used in construction contacts
The Policy can also cover legal liability toward third parties for bodily injury and/or property damage.
- Strike, riot and civil commotion
- Cross liability
- Maintenance visits
- Extended maintenance
- Extra charges for overtime, night work and express freight
- Own surrounding property
- Inland transit
- Vibration, removal or weakening of support
- Losses due to defective material/workmanship/faulty design