Do you need Group Life insurance?
IT CAN ALSO HELP ATTRACT AND RETAIN QUALITY STAFF
Based in Malta, Bonnici Insurance can provide a group life insurance policy which provides the members of the group with peace of mind knowing that their loved ones would be protected.
Intended mainly for employees, this policy covers the members of the group and will pay according to the basis of the benefit levels selected.
“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans” – Allen Saunders
Don’t get caught out on a bad day – insurance is an investment. Talk to us, we’re here to put your mind at rest.
Group Life provides a defined level of Death Benefit to members included under the policy.
The rationale behind a Group Life scheme is to assure groups of people bound by some common link, such as employment, membership of sporting or professional associations and the like.
The main advantages are
- It is possible to assure a large number of lives at a relatively low premium
- It is a means of improving and strengthening employee/employer relationships
- It is a means of attracting and retaining quality staff
- It is a means of helping the employee to provide financial support to his/her heirs should he/she pass away whilst in the service of his/her employer
The standard cover offered is that of ‘Death as a result of any cause’. An option available is that of ‘Death as a result of natural causes’. Cover will operate on a 24 hour basis world-wide.
The following additional benefits can also be purchased
- Accidental Death
A benefit of double the amount assured will be payable in the event of the death of an employee as a result of an accident.
- Permanent Total Disability
This benefit will provide for a payment equal to the sum assured if an employee becomes permanently and totally disabled.
- Critical illness
This benefit will provide for the payment of up to 75% of the sum assured whether as an additional payment or as a prepayment of the sum assured once a member of the group has been diagnosed with one of the listed critical illnesses.
There are at least four basic methods to determine the sum assured or benefit for the individual
- A flat benefit for each person
- A flat benefit dependent upon the grade of the employee within the organisation
- A salary related benefit e.g. three times the employees’ annual salary
- A combination of all the above benefits
There are no standard extensions to this policy. However, should you wish to clarify any concerns, please click here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.